Pages

Friday, March 27, 2020

No Change, that's Good


Jesus never changes. According to his word he is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). We can depend on everything that is written to us in the word of God. The same God who sent his son into the world to save the world has not changed. Even in times like these, he remains the same. He is our rock and our shield. He is for us, not against us.

My belief during these troubling times is that God protects me but if it is my appointed time to go, I am ready. I know where I am going. My Savior has prepared a place for me to spend eternity. I am not in a hurry to get there. I hope I live to be 120. But I am not afraid of death because Jesus defeated death. Who knows, maybe my I will be transitioned like Enoch.

We can be sure that God will provide what we need. He is always on time. These times are uncomfortable and inconvenient and many are living in fear but we have no need to fear. We will have what we need when we need it. This is a time for reflection, a time to embrace where we are in our relationship with our heavenly father and move closer to him.

(Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. Psalm 91:14)

(We have nothing to fear. God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7).

Turn your thoughts to him. Remind yourself of his love for you, his promises to you, and who you are in Christ. You are loved. You are cared about. You are safe.

God knew we would have times of doubt. He has not left us without help. Keep bringing your thoughts back to him, remember his love, remember his faithfulness, remember he does not lie but is truth and light. Comfort yourself with his word.

(For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants. John 3:16‭-‬21)

Lisa C