Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

This Life Below

God didn't promise us a life without suffering, not in this world, or a life without trials and tribulations. But he did promise to be our sufficiency in all things and to be our strength when we are weak. We read about the apostle Paul's suffering,  how it benefits him, and Christs' promise to give strength to endure.

2 Corinthians  12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.  12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.  12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

God knows everything that we go through and need. He doesn't forget our sorrows and sufferings. There is only one thing that I know of that God chooses to forget and that is our sins.

Isaiah  43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

God is a loving and gracious God. He provides for us, heals us, uplifts us, gives us peace and joy, and strengthens us. Troubles you may very well have but he can and will be everything you need in every situation. Embrace each day and each trial and find how it can help you to grow as a person and grow spiritually stronger and be a blessing to someone else. Ask God to use you?

Trust him. Do not live in fear of the unknown or doubt his love for you and his power to lift you up. Pray to him then let it all go. Trust him like a child trusts his mother.  Beleive in him and accept what he will unfold in your life for you.

Live one day at a time in faith. God bless you and our God and his perfect love.

Luke  11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.  11:3 Give us day by day our daily bread.  11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.  11:5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;  11:6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?  11:7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.  11:8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.  11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  11:10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  11:11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?  11:12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?  11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?