Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

He is Faithful to Forgive.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , 1 CommentEdit
There are two kinds of sinner, those who are saved by the blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and those who have not yet been saved. According to the word of God, the Holy Bible, we are all sinners and come short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Do not be confused. It is not by works that we are saved and free from all sin, it is by the grace of God.
Ephesians 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
            We have to work at living our life according to God’s word. It is not easy. And it is impossible to live without sin. So why try? What do we gain if we cannot be perfect? We gain strength, faith, knowledge, patience, perseverance and so much more. We are not alone in this struggle to be good and perfect. You can find many examples of men and women of God who sinned and who failed miserably. But they did not give up. They had faith in God and they kept trying. Regardless of what got in their way.
2 Corinthians 12:9, 10  And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
            Being a Christian is an attitude. To be Christian minded we have to know what God expects from us and what we can expect from Him. We have to learn how to be a Christian and what is the acceptable way for us to live our lives.
2 Timothy 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
            When we ask God to come into our lives and our hearts we are changed spiritually. But the carnal man is still there. We still have to contend with our flesh and blood person. The apostle Paul tells us about his personal battle with himself.
Romans 7:15-23  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil Is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
            Hallelujah! How much plainer can Paul get than that? Our spirit is willing. Praise God that He knows that our spirit is willing. Praise God! He knows our heart. Praise God! We are living under a period of grace and through faith and strength in Him we are forgiven of our sins. He does not hold it against us. Do not let the devil trick you out of anything because you are worrying about something that you could not help.
Romans 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to  them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
            What happens when you realize that you messed up? You feel it tugging at your heart. You have got to get it off your chest and off your mind. So what do you do?
1 John 1:8, 9  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
            So we gave to be honest with ourselves and with God. Yes, I did that. I sinned. I was wrong. We have to confess our sins to God. We have to say to God I messed up. I sinned. We have to have faith in God. We have to believe His word. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We have got to believe Him. We have got to let it go and move forward. Remember, there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.
            Those of you who are heavy laden with sin guilt, trust God. Give your burdens to God and let Him set you free. Do you believe in God and that God gave His son so that we can have everlasting life?
John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
            Praise God! All that we have got to do is believe. Believe God. Believe in God.
Romans 10:9, 10  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
            It is that simple. All of your sins have been wiped away.
Hebrews 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
            We are no longer under the law but under grace. Jesus gave us two commandments.
Mark 12:29-31  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

 Written By Lisa Collier Clewis
http://godislove373.blogspot.com/
http://sharingodslove.com/