Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Mary Visits Elisabeth

Mary went into a city of Juda to visit her cousin Elisabeth. She walked into the house of Zacharias and greeted Elisabeth. When Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb and she was filled with the Holy Ghost. Elisabeth said to Mary, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. Why has the mother of my Lord come to see me? As soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ear the babe leaped in my womb for joy. Blessed is she that believed because there will be a performance of those things that the Lord told her. "

Mary said to Elisabeth, "My soul praises the Lord. My spirit rejoices in God my Savior. He has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden. From now on all generations will call me blessed. He that is mighty did to me great things and holy is his name. His mercy is on them that believe in Him from generation to generation. He has showed strength with his arm. He has scattered the proud with the imaginations of their hearts. He has put down the mighty from their seats and exalted them of humble status. He has filled the hungry with good things. He has sent the rich away empty. He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy that he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed forever."

For he satisfied the longing soul, and filled the hungry soul with goodness. Psalm 107:9

Mary stayed with Elisabeth about three months and then returned home. Luke 1:39-56

Written by Lisa Collier Clewis on July 20, 2015.