Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2023

We Create Our Own Destiny

We sow a thought, and reap an action. 
We sow an action, and reap a habit.
We sow a habit, and reap a character.
We sow a character, and reap a destiny. 
Unseen thoughts produce visible consequences.
             -Author Unknown-

     Be careful what you do and say in front of your children. You're molding their character, the foundation for their belief system or the lack of one, and their heart. Remember, teach your children God's ways, use the rod of correction which is the word of God, and love them unconditionally. Teach them how to recognize sin, repent, and believe in God's mercy and grace. And teach them to not associate with people who don't believe in and reverence God because it will be to their demise if they do. 
     Guilt, low self-esteem, feeling dirty keep people from going to God and having a close relationship with God. I lived in sin twice in my life. I had to learn. Other people have to learn too. God taught me by miraculously healing me from mitral valve prolapse, enlarged heart, and a heart spotted with scar tissue. He made my heart completely healthy and perfect when I could not forgive myself nor understood God's mercy and grace. That is how I learned that God is a forgiving God and loves me unconditionally. 
     God is a God of mercy, grace, and unconditional love. Don't we owe it to him to teach our children, love our brothers and sisters in Christ, and forgive others?

Written by,

Lisa C.