Pages

Friday, July 17, 2020

Keep Your Eyes On God and You Will See Things More Clearly

Holy Spirit spoke to me one day and told me to sit down to mediate and to pick a leaf on a tree to concentrate on. I've been meditating like this for a while because he taught me to. This brings rest to my mind and allows me to be quiet so that I can receive from him and hear him. It helps me get centered on him. We really need to quieten our mind to bring rest and restoration to our mind and our soul. 

I sat down on my doorstep and picked out a leaf on a tree in my front yard to meditate on. I wasn't wearing my glasses so the leaves blended in but I could make out the shape of this one particular leaf. As I was sitting there, with a quiet mind, looking at this leaf as a focal point, it became very clear. I could see the veins in the leaf. Then I noticed I could see the definition of every leaf and the veins in the other leaves. Everything was so clear. I was amazed by this especially since, like I said, things look blurry at a distance.

Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, 'Keep your focus on me and you will see things clearly.' This excited me so much. I had been agonizing over things and this helped me put my focus back on God, not on the way things seemed. God always works things to our good. He loves us so much, more than we can fathom. 

Keep your eyes on the Lord. Focus on him not on the things going on around you. When things seem bleak, return to what his Word says. Profess his promises into your life through the name that God set above all names, Jesus Christ. There is power in the name of Jesus. Praise God for always making a way for us. 

Lisa C