Pages

Friday, February 7, 2020

Healing and the Paschal Lamb

I've been using my down time over the past several days to polish up a book that I wrote many years ago and add more to it so that I can add more testimonies of healing and grace to it; that is when I've been able to see it. My vision has been so blurry. Praise God he used it to teach me some things about myself and to bless me.

God doesn't make us sick but he will use it for our good, to have a closer relationship with us, teach us something, bless us or others, so many possibilities. He turns even our mistakes into blessings. And he gives us an eternal life with new bodies that will never get sick, wear out or die. This down time with added time in the scriptures, prayer, and joyful praise in my home, and thinking about all the ways God has blessed me was just what I needed. I'm not saying he caused me to be sick, but he has certainly blessed me and my heart every day through it and I feel stronger spiritually, mentally, and emotionally.

My children and grandchildren have been through some stuff the past two weeks, two longer than that. Some have had the flu, some have things going on I won't mention. I have been worrying and anxious, wanting to do something to help them, to change things for them. I can't change things that they go through; but I can pray and be there for them and encourage them in the Lord who I know will never leave them nor forsake them. And I know I shouldn't be anxious. I should have been trusting God and that's the main thing he's helped me with this week, keeping my eyes on him and trusting him.

I feel better today after a couple shots n meds that I got yesterday when I went to the Dr. I guess the flu decided to leave me with impacted and infected sinuses. I'm so glad I had gotten a flu shot. It could have been a whole lot worse. We all have sickness and trials but none of us go through them alone. God never forsakes us nor leaves us. It may seem like it sometimes because we can't see him through all the despair and have our eyes on our problems instead of him, but when we take our eyes off of our problems and keep them on him, our Redeemer, we see that he is right there with us, waiting for us to lean on him and trust him.

It breaks my heart when people blame God for making them or a loved one sick, or for being in an accident and hurt, or for other things that tear at their faith and stab them in their heart. God didn't bring sin into the world. He didn't intend for us to live in sin or sickness or the other terrible things we go through. He gave man free will. Man brought sin into the world when he disobeyed God. Man broke the perfect fellowship he had with God by sinning against God. Then so that man would not eat from the tree of Life and live forever God kicked them out of the garden of Eden.

The only way we can live in harmony and fellowship with God now is through his unique Son, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who was born and lived as a man, flesh and blood, and willingly suffered throughout his life, suffered and was crucified as the paschal lamb for our sins therefore completing the law, bringing us into the period of grace that we live in, and through his blood and stripes we are healed. Praise God for that and for these miraculous bodies that fight off viruses, infections and disease. And praise God for the advanced medical care we have today. It's amazing what can happen when people use their gifts and talents to be a blessing to others.

I praise God for all his benefits. He blesses us and is working behind the scenes for us and will perform miracles in our lives if we'll just follow him. We read in Psalm's 37:4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires.

Lisa Cdiv dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on">