Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

I Have Seen God's Power

I have not had a life free from sickness, pain and disease. But I have a God who has delivered me from it all. My life is one of miracles and wonders. I have seen God's power with my own eyes. I have seen his power in his protection, his healing, and in his guidance. We have a mighty and powerful God whom I will love to praise forever. 'When we've been there ten thousand years, Bright shining as the sun; We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun.' Praise God! I have been healed so many times. When I was a small child I had high fevers that caused me to be delirious. My mama said that she took me from doctor to doctor and no one could diagnose me or help me. Praise God, he healed me. I was completely healed. The random fevers just stopped.

When I was a few years older I got out of bed in so much pain. I felt like I had to urinate but I could only pee small drops of blood. The pain was terrible. I cried and prayed and asked God to heal me. When I awoke the next morning I was completely healed. There was no more pain, no more burning, no more blood. I peed normally. I was completely healed with no sign of the illness that I had the night before.

God is the master physician. He loves us unconditionally and has compassion on us. And when he heals us from something it doesn't come back on us. We are healed for life. When I was a teenager I was plagued with tonsillitis and strep throat. My preacher and his wife prayed for my healing. Eventually that same weekend my tonsils came out in little chunks. I have not had tonsillitis or strep throat since then. I had seizures for over a year. The last one that I had was at my preacher's house. I went in to seizure and my body went stiff. I was unconscious. I was laid on the couch and my preacher and the other believer's there anointed me with oil and laid hands on me and prayed for my deliverance. Praise God! I was immediately healed. I have not had a seizure since then.

When I was twenty-three I was healed from endometriosis. Two gynecologist wanted to do surgery. One wanted to do a hysterectomy and the other a partial hysterectomy. I asked the elders of the church to anoint me and pray with me for my healing. Praise God! I was healed. About a year and a half later I had a little girl. I never had endometriosis again. When I was twenty-four I became very sick with my bowels. I went several days without a bowel movement. I could do nothing on my own to remedy it. I got a high fever which at one time made me delirious. There is a length of time that I can not account for. I remember getting into bed and praying for God to heal me or take me home seeing that the pain was terrible and my whole body hurt and I had been depressed for sometime. Something extraordinary happened to me. It is as though I drifted away in my sleep and awoke in a tunnel. I walked towards the light that I saw. I knew I would find the end of the tunnel when I reached the light. I could feel a cool welcomed breeze gliding past me and a cool mist on my skin. Then out of no where a crib mobile appeared as though it was hung in mid air. I heard a voice say, "It is not yet your time." I felt as though I were being lifted away and I awoke completely well. The fever had broken. My bowels worked properly. There was no pain. I know that I had a supernatural experience. And I knew that it was God's will for me to live and be well.

In 2007 I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse. There was more blood backing up into my heart than there was going through the valve. My heart became enlarged on one side. An ultrasound technician, while training someone during my ultrasound, told me that there were several scars on my heart, probably from light heart attacks. At times my heart would start racing and I would get very sleepy. I would lie down and go into a deep sleep. When I awakened my heart would have a normal heartbeat. I asked God to heal my heart. And, Praise God, he did. The last ultrasound that I had of my heart showed that I have a completely normal heart in every way and I no longer have episodes of a racing heart and extreme sleepiness. God is so amazing. He is always there to rescue us from whatever catastrophe we face. Praise God! He is true to his word. His love for us is precious and unconditional and profoundly extraordinary.

In 2010 God again showed me his power and protection. I had suffered a long time with excruciating pain. No one could find what was causing the pain that started in 2006 and increasingly got worse. I finally learned that they couldn't find the pain because damaged nerves were causing the pain to radiate down to a healthy part of my spine. After performing a task at work which caused swelling in the back of my neck I was given an MRI which showed three herniated disks, spinal cord impingement, and spinal canal stenosis. I was referred to a neurosurgeon who after examining me told me that I was given the wrong MRI. I asked him why. He said because if that was my MRI I would be experiencing a lot of things that I wasn't bothered with. I told him that I am in God's hands and he takes care of me and asked him what type of things would I be experiencing. He said that I would have numerous problems such as my legs falling out from under me while walking, having difficulty picking up things and difficulty holding things in my hands, and I wouldn't be able to control my bladder among other things. I had experienced my legs giving out under me one time and I asked God to heal me. I experienced difficulty picking up and holding on to a glass one time. But I was experiencing memory loss and a lot of pain. Well, he sent me to get a more extensive test called a myelogram. The myelogram showed that there was more wrong with me than the MRI showed. It showed even more damaged nerves and spinal cord impingement in not one but two places. And one of the places was by a bone spur. I was given a neck brace to wear until I had surgery because a bump or fall could cause me to be paralyzed from the neck down. When I found out that I was going to have surgery on my spine I was enveloped in a most precious kind of peace that I since recognize as God's way of letting me know he is in control and everything will be alright. Praise God! I had a very successful surgery and the surgeon was also able to remove excess bone from my neck and make a curve in my neck where I no longer had one. God protects us from things we don't even know about. He is always there for us, keeping us, protecting us, and watching over us.

In 2011 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia after being sent to a neuromuscular doctor for a debilitating pain that nothing I did could remedy. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I tried a couple of pain medications for fibromyalgia but had terrible side effects from the medication. I got so sick that I had to start at five minute intervals getting up and moving around. Then I would rest. Gradually, adding another minute to my activity. Praise God, he blesses me with the energy to go all day and then some. The last time I saw the neuromuscular doctor she said that I had beaten fibromyalgia with diet, supplements, and yoga. I praise God for healing me from fibromyalgia.

Last year I was healed from a bone spur that had developed between my vertebrae and the metal plate in my neck. I was referred to a neurosurgeon. I went back to see the surgeon who did my surgery in 2010. He showed me the bone spur when he viewed my MRI.  Me and many of my brothers and sisters in Christ prayed for me to be healed from the bone spur. I had a myelogram done. When I went back to see the surgeon to get the results of my myelogram he came into my room smiling. He said that the bone spur was gone. I said, "Praise God! He healed me." The doctor said, "Yes he did." He did find a slight bulge above the hardware in my neck and sent me to physical therapy which was a great help and learning experience for me. Since then I have been diagnosed with hashimoto's hypothyroidism, obstructive sleep apnea, and hereditary high cholesterol. I have no doubt that God has healed me from that also and that one day soon I will have medical test to prove it. I will not ever experience any of it again because when he heals us from something it is healed for the rest of our lives.

I do not know why my life has taken the course that it has but I do know that God is my protector, my healer, my redeemer, and my friend. I have been kept from so much pain and sickness and death. I was hit in the head with the sharp end of an ax when I was four. God protected me. While white water rafting I had a blackout and was thrown from the raft into a stormy river. I was repeatedly sucked under the water in the waterfall that I had been swept to. I did not breath in or swallow any water. Two rafts went over my head. The second I knew I needed to reach up and so I clawed the bottom of the raft as it went over and people in the back of the raft grabbed my arms and pulled me in. Praise God! I was not only unharmed, I was ready to go down the river again.

I survived a terrible car accident. The car flipped three times and the car battery was thrown I think they said 80 feet from the car. Praise God! I was protected. I only got a gash under my left eye which is barely visible now. Time and time again God has protected me and healed me and through it all I have grown so much spiritually. I love God with all of my heart, mind, and soul. HE IS MY EVERYTHING. And he will be yours too if you will only believe. John 3:16,17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The first covenant that God made was to give us a guide to live by and prove to us that we can do nothing without him. It is impossible to live completely without sin because we are flesh and blood. Every day we are faced with the battle field of life. We often react to situations and in our hindsight realize that we weren't Christ like in our behavior and could have handled it better. Eventually, we get stronger and stronger and react more and more the way Christ would. It takes a lot of growth and studying and learning how to apply God's word to ourselves and to our life and so many different circumstances. As long as we are in these flesh and blood bodies we will make mistakes. The new covenant God made with us through Christ takes away all of our sin and anoints us with the holy spirit who teaches, guides, and leads us. When we pray for God's grace to cover an area of weakness in us he is faithful to strengthen us and keep us from committing that sin. God's grace, forgiveness of our sins, and healing are gifts. Salvation is a gift. You can do nothing to earn it. All you have to do is open your heart to God and let him come in. You have already been redeemed through Christ now all you have to do is accept his gift. Just believe and have faith. Romans 8:1 There is therefore no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Trust God and give him your heart.

Throughout my life I have been faced with many challenges. I learned how to forgive others for my own peace of mind and heart and then I learned how to forgive myself for my shortcomings so that I could receive God's love and blessings which he freely gives to us. WE CAN NOT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT GOD. WE ARE NOT EXPECTED TO DO ANYTHING TO EARN GOD'S LOVE. HE IS GOD!  He is the creator of the heavens and the earth. He is perfect, almighty, and wonderful. And when we accept Jesus Christ as our risen Lord and Savior that which is in us is perfect.

If you have not already, I urge you to go to God in prayer and share your feelings your with him. Talk to him about everything. Tell him you are sorry for the sins that you have committed and confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and that God has raised him from the dead. If you have anger which persist ask God to bless you with a compassionate heart so that you can forgive others. Jesus took all of our sins on him so that we are no longer are under the law but can by faith believe unto righteousness. We are living in the period of grace. Accept God's forgiveness of your sins. Forgive yourself also. And if the devil tries to remind you of your past tell him to get behind you because God has set you free and you are free indeed! Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world. Ephesians 3:15,16 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches in glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 

Speak the word to yourself. Study God's word, the holy bible. Think about things that are pure, positive, and true according to God's word. Try not to allow yourself to think negative thoughts or to profess negatives. Look for like minded believers that you can fellowship with and worship God with. Keep God's word on your mind. God will strengthen your faith, lift your spirit, fill your heart with joy, and surround you with a blanket of peace. His grace is sufficient for a multitude of sins. He will forgive all your sins and equip you to face life's battles knowing that he is for you and not against you.

Ephesians 6:13-18 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about you with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereumto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

To all those that believe, God Bless YOU!!! If anyone would like me to pray for you, or to email me about something that is on your heart, you can email me at lisa.clewis@live.com

Written By Lisa Collier Clewis, 11-22-14