Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Misery

Oh what little laughter I hear coming from my heart within
How miserable it is to be married to a man who obviously
     doesn't give a damn.
How wonderful it would be to know someone appreciates
     the things that I do.
And not take for granted the love that I have and realize
     the things that I do.

My emotions run deep, my love runs deeper, my vows to
     God have no end.
How do you break a bond in heaven; is it or isn't it
     a sin?
To love someone who can not understand or see beyond
     his own needs and wants
The emptiness, the pain, the loneliness, the sorrow, and all
     of his do's and don'ts.

It is a wonder the outside seems so bright when the
     home has lost its luster.
The broken walls, the broken hearts, the torn floors, the
     fiery darts, the children and the monster.
Should I go or should I stay? Do I pretend or go away?
     Should I wait until another day?
Do I just dry up like a sun scorched flower; or maybe,
       leave in an hour and go far, far away.

Written By: Lisa Collier Clewis, May 13, 1996